A new bathroom vanity is a great way to add value and style to your home. A bathroom vanity is what most people think of when they hear the word “bathroom cabinets” and it’s one of the most important pieces of furniture you can buy for your bathroom.
When choosing a new vanity for your bathroom, there are many things to consider: size, design, materials, and more. In this article, we will discuss how to choose the right size and type of cabinet for your needs so that you won’t end up with something too small or large for its intended purpose. We will also talk about some popular materials used in manufacturing vanities today as well as how budgeting affects quality.
The size of your bathroom vanity should be based on three things: the width of your bathroom, the length of your bathroom and how high you want to make it.
Vanity sizes are based on the width of the sink. So if you have a small sink (like one that’s 45CM wide), you’ll probably need a smaller vanity that can fit in there nicely. If you have a large sink (like one that’s 61CM wide), then perhaps consider getting an oversized vanity with more storage space so there’s room for all those towels!
Speaking of storage space… remember that there is more than just a place for soap and toothpaste behind this beautiful piece – there are also drawers and shelves where you can store all your bathroom essentials!
Choosing the Right Size for Your Vanity
Choosing the right size for your vanity is very important. If you choose a vanity that is too small or too large, it will look out of place in your bathroom. You also would have to squash everything together to make your possessions fit in it.
Choosing a Vanity Size: The first thing to consider when choosing the right size for your new bathroom vanity is how much space there is available in the room where it will go. You may be replacing an existing vanity and need to ensure the measurements of the new vanity are the exact same. Alternatively, if this is a new installation and no previous fixtures were installed in this location before (or if they were removed), then measure out all four sides of each wall within which we want our new sink unit placed before buying anything! This will help you determine precisely how large you should go when deciding to build a new cabinet; otherwise, you risk ending up with either something too large or too small for your needs.
What size vanity do you need for your bathroom?
The size of your vanity is measured in width and height. It’s important to measure the space available before deciding on a vanity size, as custom sizes are more practical than standard ones. We rarely to standard sizes or specifications anymore.
The standard dimensions for bathroom vanities are:
- 60 cm x 90 cm – this is ideal for smaller bathrooms where space is limited, but it can also fit into larger rooms. It is worth noting that this is indeed small and would more than likely suit a single guest bathroom.
- 76 cm x 91 cm – this is the most popular size because it provides plenty of storage while still remaining compact enough not to overwhelm small spaces.
Most Popular Vanity Tops
When it comes to choosing a vanity top, you have lots of options. There are many different vanity tops you can choose from
Engineer Stone, Marble, and Granite Vanity Tops
Stone vanity tops are made from materials such as granite or marble. They tend to be more durable than other types of material like ceramic or porcelain because they’re less porous and therefore less likely to stain or crack due to everyday wear-and-tear in the bathroom environment (i.e., steam).
They also come in many different colors so they can match any color scheme you might want!
The downside? They’re often more expensive than other options like wood or glass because of the materials themselves.
Vanity Cupboard Doors and Drawers
- Durable. You want your vanity cupboard doors and drawers to be durable so that they last as long as possible and don’t break easily. This is especially important if you have children or pets who might be rough on them.
- Easy to clean. Your bathroom vanity should be easy to clean, so that it always looks its best no matter how much use it gets, whether it’s just yourself or your entire family using the space daily!
- Easy to use. Make sure that whatever model of cabinet door/drawer you choose has handles large enough for anyone in your household who might need access from time to time (think kids). Also, make sure there are no sharp edges where someone could hurt themselves if they bumped into one accidentally while reaching inside for something else entirely unrelated like say…a toothbrush. That would suck! Don’t let this happen!
Materials Used in Vanity Construction
The materials used in the construction of your bathroom vanity will affect its price, durability and appearance. Our vanities are custom-made with a variety of different materials. Our materials are built to last with wood, stone countertops, handles and quality hinges and slides.
All materials are carefully chosen to ensure your bathroom vanity meets your specifications.
Aesthetic and styling of your new bathroom
When you are looking to have a new bathroom vanity built, you will need to consider a few things.
First, the aesthetic and styling of your new bathroom will be important. You want to make sure that the style of your vanity matches with the rest of the room so it doesn’t look out of place when installed.
Secondly, there are many different materials from which they are made such as wood or stone; these can be used in combination with different colours and finishes depending on what kind of look you’re going for.
Thirdly, size is also an important factor when choosing a bathroom vanity because if it’s too small then there won’t be enough space for everything else like towels or toiletries.
It would be wise to consult with Bespoke Designs whilst you search for inspiration for your chosen aesthetic and styling. They have over a decade of experience and know how to ensure you have a great outcome.
Design Needs for Your New Bathroom
- The first thing to consider is the size of your bathroom. If you have a large, open space, then you can choose a larger vanity and still have it look appropriate in the room. If you have a smaller room, it might be best for you to go with something smaller so as not to overwhelm the space.
- Second, think about what style and design aesthetic your new bathroom will have overall. Do you want something modern? Traditional? A mix of both? This will help determine what type of material and finishes should be used on top surface areas like doors or drawers–and whether those pieces should be stained wood or painted white (or another colour).
- Thirdly: What colour scheme are we working with here? If yours involves lots of blues or greens then maybe try finding one that matches those colors instead!
Budget for your new bathroom vanity
- The size of your new bathroom vanity is an important factor, as it can determine what size and style you need to buy. You may want a narrow, compact sink that fits in with your small space or maybe a larger one that has plenty of room for storage. The number and type of drawers will also play into this decision: do you want somewhere to keep all your toiletries? Or do they just need a place to sit while getting ready?
- The material used in construction is another important consideration when choosing between different types of vanities. Always opt for wood or stone materials if possible because these tend to last longer than other materials like metal or glass (though these are still viable options).
- Your personal style preferences should also influence how much money will be spent on building your vanity!
We hope that this article has helped you to better understand how to choose the right bathroom vanity for your new bathroom. Remember, it’s important that you get something that will suit your needs, style and budget. If in doubt about anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Bespoke Designs!